EEE Department was established in the year 2002-03. Our department has 7 well equipped laboratories like Electrical Machines lab, Power Electronics lab, Control and Instrumentation Lab, Electronics Lab, Linear and digital Integrated Circuits Lab, Microprocessor and Microcontroller Lab and power system simulation lab to meet the requirement of university curriculum and it has an excellent computing facilities with latest software like PSCAD, ETAP, PSPICE, MATLAB, PSIM and LABVIEW.
- Machines lab was established in the year 2003-04.
- Association of EEE was started in the year 2003-04.
- Control system lab, Measurement & Instrumentation lab & Power Electronics Lab was established in the year 2004-05.
- Power system simulation lab was set up in the year 2006-07.
- Obtained NBA accreditation in the year 2008 & renewed in the year 2012.Obtained renewal in the accreditation status by the National board of accreditation (NBA) in the academic year 2015-2016.Our department faculty members and students participated in ICTACT 2015-16 activity BRIDGE 2016
- Our department has got approval for ME– Power Electronics & Drives in the year 2009.
- Intake of UG students were increased from 60 to 120 in the year 2011-12.
- Conducted International conference on “Power quality & Power consumption system” by IEEE. In the year 2009-10.
- Our Department has a research centre recognized by Anna University to carry out collaborative research work in the year 2010-11.
- Anna University of Technology recognized research centre sanction of DRDO grant in AID research project for two years was got in the year 2010-11.
- The Electrical Machines Lab of our department is modernized at a cost of 14 lakhs sponsored by AICTE. Our Department had been sanctioned DRDO funded research project worth of Rs 8 lakhs in the year 2010 and the projected was successfully submitted in the year 2011.
- Workshop on National Level CSIR-Sponsored “Future Research Perspectives on MEMS and NEMS” was conducted in the year 2012-13.
- Received the teaching award for our department from Stafford Shire University, UK in the year 2013-14.
- Conducted Anna University sponsored Faculty Development training program on power quality in the year 2014-15.
- To nurture the Creativity, Innovation and Entrepreneurial skills in the students, IEDC cell of our college motivates the students to submit the project proposals and three projects of our department got the fund of Rs.1 lakh each from IEDC cell so far since 2012 and it had been successfully completed. In this academic year (2015-16) two projects have been selected by IEDC cell for the funding of Rs.2lakhs.
- To be a place of center of excellence by imparting quality teaching and innovative research, promoting technology development and consultancy services in the frontier areas of Electrical and Electronics Engineering.
- To empower students with start of art technologies to meet the growing challenges of the industry.
- To educate the students with strong foundations to enable them for continuing education.
- To promote research through constant interactions with R&D organizations and Industry.
Scope of the Employment
- Graduates will demonstrate skills to use modern Electronics Design and Simulation tools (both software and hardware) to analyze problems.
- Graduates from this department can be employed in the areas of generation, transmission and distribution of electrical power supply. As result wide opportunities are available in our government sectors and private sectors, and opportunities are available in worldwide power grids, power Generation Company (of all sources).
- Graduates have Opportunities to explore Consultancy Domains, Eligibility to Write UPSC IES(Indian Engineering Services),Opt for Electrical Engineering paper as Optional in UPSC IAS and succeed in competitive exams like GRE, GATE, etc
- Graduates will develop ability for self-education and lifelong learning
- The post graduate students of the department have exposure and training in the simulation software and use modern Electronics Design and Simulation tools (both software and hardware) to analyze problems. so that they get opportunities in leading power system consultancy companies, power exchange companies and to work as faculty and research fellows in leading Universities.
- The Graduates of this department can also stand better in IT industry.