The Department of Civil Engineering was started in the year 2013 with an annual intake of 60. The department has highly qualified and experienced faculties in all specialized areas.
Civil Engineering is the basic foundation of the engineering fields. Our Civil Engineering Department focuses on developing students and future engineers who can define and create the infrastructure of the world which include Water Works, Sewers, Dams, Power Plants, Transmission Towers/Lines, Railroads, Highways, Bridges, Tunnels, Irrigation Canals, River Navigation, Shipping Canals, Traffic Control, Mass Transit, Airport Runways, Terminals, Industrial Plant Buildings, Skyscrapers, etc.
The departmental activities embrace Planning, Design, Construction and Management.
The department offers a full time B.E degree course in civil engineering. Apart from conducting academic programs, additional computer courses, seminars and workshops are conducted for the students as well as the faculty. A number of consultancy works are also being carried out.
- To be an effective source of technical manpower of the nation
- To facilitate the development of entrepreneurial competencies in students
- To identify, develop and disseminate best practices in civil Engineers
• To develop the department as a Center of Excellence in Engineering, Technology and Management.
• To be a desirable place to cater the innovative and original thinking in the minds of budding engineers to face the challenges in future.
- To impart the knowledge and excellence in civil engineering with global perspective to our students and to make them ethically strong engineers to build our nation.
- To enhance and enrich the practical and technical knowledge in civil engineering through effective teaching and learning.
- To facilitate the understanding and implementation of new trends and innovative ideas through research and development.
Scope of the employment
- Graduates will demonstrate skills to use modern Electronics Design and Simulation tools (both software and hardware) to analyse problems.
- A career after civil engineering is highly rewarding. Students who graduate from this department can be employed in supervision, construction, design and analyses of private as well as public projects, such as dams, highways, canals, water sewages and bridges etc.
- The students have exposure and training in Design and Analysis aspects as well as various designing and analysing software like Auto CADD, STADD Pro, ETABS, TEKLA….
- Our students should have a better opportunity in learning personality development skills in civil engineering aspects.